Joe posted this so I'm going to answer the same questions!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Ok, so how pathetic is this? The one and only thing I can come up with is that we stayed at a different hotel in Orlando this year. So sad.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutsions and will you make more for 2010?
Well, I did lose 30 pounds and have gained back all but 9. So I lost weight - but gained weight - not where I wanted to be. Oh well, yes, I will try again. :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my co-worker's gave birth to a little girl, Vivian.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No - every year that goes by where I don't lose someone, I consider it a big success!
5. What countries did you visit?
None unless you count all the times I went to Cal's Canadian Cave of Cool to read his posts!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Where to start? More patience, more time with Joe, more money...
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
June 25th - Farrah Fawcett died in the morning, Michael Jackson in the afternoon. Farrah got the shaft in reference to coverage, that's for damn sure.
Can't remember the date exactly, but it was when Dave and I went to Universal - just the 2 of us.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Living to be 45.
9. What was your biggest failure?
See #2 above - failure is my middle name in regards to weight loss.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few times I felt like I wanted to just close my eyes and go to sleep forever, but I guess the worst was when I sneezed while getting up out of the chair and threw my back out. That was in January 2009. This year has to be better!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm with Joe - my oldest son and his wife are rockin' their lives! He's been promoted, she's graduated from college with some degree in stuff I could never ever understand and they bought a house. Life is good!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Appalled? Tiger woods and DG. Depressed? DG and the effect on the kids.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, car payment, monthly bills, stuff for kids for school, vacations (GOTTA have vacations!)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I am always excited, beyond words, for vacations. We always have a great time!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Forever by Chris Brown. Only because of the YouTube video from a real-life wedding that was then repeated on The Office - loved 'em both and enjoyed the song even though Chris Brown is a dirty dog (my commentary) haha
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? Happier
b. thinner or fatter? Thinner (and I use that term very loosely!!!)
c. richer or poorer? Not richer, but definitely not struggling like a lot of people are. We have been extremely lucky.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Keeping the weight off that I had lost so that I could just build on that.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas 2009 was spent with the family and then drove to more family!
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Comedy: Modern Family
Drama: Criminal Minds
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I hate what one person has done to my husband and how that person has treated me and my family.
25. What was the best book you read?
Photographic Memories by J Mello
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Chris Brown's Forever (so sad, I know!)
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to make it through the year without losing my job and still have money...and I did!
28. What did you want and not get?
What I wanted was to retire and move someplace warm.
What I got was a bonus at work and a freezing cold winter!
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs...tied with...Paul Blart: Mall Cop
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Went to dinner with Joe and the kids and opened gifts. :)
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A move to a warm climate but still get to keep my job to pay the bills.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Whatever friggin fits.
33. What kept you sane?
Joe - plain and simple.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Shemar Moore - yummy!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hmmm...not sure if it's a political issue or not, but when people bash Obama and it always references his color. Yeah, well he's half white too, people! He's an American - like the rest of us. So let him do his job.
36. Who did you miss?
Dad, Uncle John, Joe (but not any more for him!)
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Best? Hmmm...not sure but most frustrating has to be Jeffscape!
Best? Debbie Nordstrom
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
When someone starts ranting and raging after something you wrote on Facebook, simply delete what you wrote and then the offender is ranting on and on and on in reference to something that is no longer there and makes him look like an even bigger @$$hole than he already is!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Don't look back. Keep your head held high."
Best wishes for a happy, healthy and better 2010!